Prof. Gideon Hanjari holds a Ph.D. Degree from the University of London and Bachelor of Architecture from the University of Nairobi. He is currently a Consultant with Baseline Architect limited.
He has worked with several organizations serving in different capacities among them:
- Architect, Ministry of Public Works, Nairobi.
- Senior Lecturer and Chairman of the Department of Architecture, University of Nairobi.
- Part-Time Lecturer, American World University, Nairobi campus.
- Principal Architect, Harbans Singh Associates, Nairobi.
- Project manager, Armstrong and Duncan project Management, Nairobi.
- Project Manager, Planned Development Limited, Dar es-Salaam
- Consultant- Parco- International Building Consultants.
- Chief Consultant to Roka Resort Village Limited.
He has been a member of the following professional affiliations
- Chairman, Board of Architectural Education-Architectural Association of Kenya,
- Member of The Board of Architectural Education- Africa Union of Architects.
- Member of The Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors of Kenya,
- Member of The Commonwealth Board of Architectural Education (Africa Region), CAA.
- Chairman, Kirinyanga University Council
- Non-Executive Director of Industrial and Commercial Development Corporation
- Non -Executive Director of African Retail Traders (K) Limited.
Prof. Hanjari has been involved in development of many projects in Kenya and abroad such as:
- Development of Master Plan, Moi University
- Georges Hospital Teaching Hospital, London.
- Medical City for University of Baghdad.
- Baringo Teachers College, Tambach Teachers College, AIC Teachers College,
- Rehabilitation of IPS Building, Dar-es-Salaam.
- Proposed Dar-es-Salaam. World trade Centre
He is an accomplished Scholar and has attended many local and international conferences. He has written many research papers