The Assistant Secretary is charged with control of office functions in the Office of Vice-Chancellor.
To dedicate my effort to have smooth running of institution
To learn more from highly motivated and experienced staff
To work diligently
2001-2004 Kajiunduthi High School C- Minus
1997-2000 Chogoria Girls Boarding Primary School 399 marks
MAY 2018 Mount Kenya University Bachelor of Management and Office Administration (Ongoing)
Jan 2014-July Embu Secretarial & Computer Services Shorthand III (100 wpm)-KNEC
Jan 2006-Nov 2008 St. Mary’s Secretarial College Diploma in Secretarial Studies- KNEC
JUNE 2014 Kirinyaga University Certificate in Customer Care and Etiquette Course
FEBRUARY 2018- TO DATE Machakos University Assistant Secretary Grade 5/6- Office of the Vice-Chancellor
OCTOBER 2013 – JAN 2018 Kirinyaga University Secretary, School of Business and Economics
JUNE 2013 – SEPTEMBER 2013 Holy Redeemer Catholic – Iruma Parish Parish Secretary
JUNE 2009 – MAY 2013 Thika Education Complex School Secretary
JAN 2009– APRIL 2009 Dekar Printers and Stationers – Ndagani – Chuka Secretary
AUGUST 2007 – DEC 2007 Attachment at the District Commissioner’s Office – Chuka Assistant Secretary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage in offering correspondence to enquiries to the office on a regular basis for effective communication flow to support continuity of operations.
- Engage in regular typing of assigned documents as per set requirements to facilitate capturing of information in the desired format for use in performing various roles,
- Perform documents printing, photocopying, scanning, and binding on a regular basis to ensure availability of hard copy information for current and future use,
- Participate in regular archiving of documents in the office through established filing systems to ensure safe custody of the same for use in future references,
- Participate in the continuous management of the office calendar of events to facilitate proper prior planning for the same
- Engage in continuous monitoring of office supplies to ensure availability of the same for use in running daily office operations
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of Administration, Liaison and Logistics office of the Officer of the Vice-Chancellor or any other authorized officer.
PERSONAL QUALITIES: A Self-motivated person dedicated to
achieving set goals.