BRIEF OF INTERNAL AUDIT
- Provide independent appraisal of the University’s financial, operational and control activities
- Report on:
- The adequacy of internal controls
- The accuracy and propriety of transactions
- The extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded
- The level of compliance with institutional policies, government laws and regulations
University Management work with Internal Audit on a continuing basis to identify areas of potential financial and operational risk that warrant periodic or special review through the development of a year audit plan.
Internal audit can focus on one or more of these aspects:
(3) Compliance; and
Internal Audit has a direct reporting line to the Audit, Risk and Governance Committee and operationally reports through the office of the Vice Chancellor.