Prof. Lucy W. Irungu has demonstrated leadership in different capacities and has served as:
- Board Member – Association of Teacher Educators for African (Afriate)
- Board Member – National Council of Science and Technology
- Board member – ICIPE Board of Training and Postgraduate Studies
- Board Member/Trustee – Gandhi Smarak Nidhi Fund
- Board Member – University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services
- Board Member – Consortium For National Health Research (CNHR)
- Current Board Member – KEMRI, Welcome Research Programme International Scientific Advisory Board (ISAB)
- Board Member- JRS (Jacob Robert Schramm) Biodiversity Foundation
- Current Chairman – Academic and Management Board of Kenya Wildlife Service Training Institute (KWSTI)
- Current President and Kenya Representative – Eastern Africa Research and Innovations Management Association (EARIMA)
Prof. Lucy W. Irungu has been involved in consortium activities around the Globe that have managed to secure Millions of Kenya Shillings as funds meant for;-
- Research, Project and Development activities.
- Securing Staff and Student scholarships.
- Tuition Fees for Students.