VICE-CHANCELLOR’S REMARKS DURING THE VISIT BY A DELEGATION FROM TIANJING CITY VOCATION COLLEGE ON 15TH OCTOBER, 2019
- The Vice Chancellor of Tianjin City Vocational College – Li Yan
- The Deputy Director of Education Bureau of Hebei District
- Representative of the Chinese Embassy in Kenya
- The members of delegation from the Tianjin City Vocational College
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellors, Machakos University and other Members of Machakos University Management Board present
- The Machakos University Luban Committee Members
- Directors and Deans and Members of Staff present
- Ladies and gentlemen,
I am pleased to welcome the delegation from Tianjin City Vocational College to Kenya, and to Machakos University in particular. On behalf of Machakos University and on my own behalf, am grateful and thank the leadership of Tianjin City Vocational College for visiting us to actualize the partnership and collaboration between our two institutions, and by extension between our two countries. Feel welcome, Machakos University and the community around has warm and friendly people and I can assure you a wonderful stay in Kenya.
I greatly appreciate that you have chosen to build a partnership with Machakos University and more so to have us host one of the ten Luban Workshops to be built in Africa. The envisaged partnership therefore has potency not only for Machakos University, but for Kenya and Africa as a whole. I thank you very sincerely for the confidence you have in this university. It is gratifying to note that the planned workshop, when complete, will provide vocational training to the youth and form the fulcrum for innovation and entrepreneurship.
It will also promote the use of ICT through its four training areas:
- Cloud network convergence learning area
- Data center practice area
- Smart city practice area
- The air classroom teaching area
Looking at the success stories in Thailand, Djibouti and Egypt, we are confident that the workshop:
- Will Support technological training for youth and promote innovation and entrepreneurship;
- Has the potential to boost Kenya’s overall development and competitiveness through the training of the country’s youth to better serve development projects across the country, as well as provide well-trained talents to the country;
- And will strengthen our cooperative partnership between China and Kenya,
On behalf of Machakos University, I wish to say that we support and are committed to this Luban Workshop Partnership and Collaboration between our institutions. We welcome the construction of the Workshop here in Machakos University as it is in line with our mandate and mission as a University. As a University are proud of this initiative and collaboration and we assure Tianjin City Vocational College and China government that we shall endeavor to support Luban Workshop project both in the letter and spirit.
Once again, I welcome you to Machakos University and wish you a happy stay as you interact with staff and students.